Summit the world’s highest freestanding mountain
Rising impressively from the rainforests of the East African plains, the snow-capped peak of Kilimanjaro is an awe-inspiring sight. To stand at its summit is to quite literally stand on top of the world.
On this 12-day adventure, you will be pushed both physically and mentally as you trek through five different climatic zones under the care of experienced local guides.
Trekking from farmlands to verdant rainforest, through alpine meadow and across the barren lunar-like landscape to the summit, you’ll view the stunning sight of the sun rising over the East African plains below.
We’re proud to work with IMEC and KPAP certified Kilimanjaro operators. Through its Porter Assistance Project, IMEC is focusing its efforts on improving the working conditions for porters on Kilimanjaro and in Nepal. See the Porter Protection tab for more information.
- Witness the sun rise over the East African plains as you stand at the summit of the world’s highest freestanding mountain
- Trek through grasslands, across alpine meadows and over pocky peaks on the lesser-travelled Rongai Route
- Admire the desolate beauty of the Eastern ice fields in the show of the jagged Mawenzi peaks
The mistreatment of porters can be a troubling challenge in the climbing industry. We’re proud to be an approved partner company with International Mountain Explorers Connection (IMEC) and Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project (KPAP) certified Kilimanjaro operators. Through its Porter Assistance Project, IMEC is focusing its efforts on improving the working conditions for porters on Kilimanjaro and in Nepal.
We voluntarily participate with KPAP’s monitoring activities and allow KPAP to evaluate the treatment of our porters on all of our climbs. By climbing with us you can be assured that your porters are well taken care of.
KPAP also helps to improve the working conditions of porters by:
– Lending donated clothing at no charge to the mountain crew for use while climbing
– Educating the public on porter working conditions and climbing responsibly
– Providing industry guidelines for proper porter treatment
– Offering educational classes to porters
Adventure type: Trek
Trip duration: 12 days
Challenge duration: 7 days
Challenge grade: 5/5 (challenging)
Accommodation: Twin-share in 3 star hotels and comfortable camping (single supplement applies)