Discover the heart of Tuscany from rolling hills to medieval towns
Trekking over five days across scenic undulating hills and woodland, you will challenge yourself in ways you never thought possible, all whilst experiencing the breathtaking beauty of the Tuscan countryside.
Travelling along the Via Francigena, an ancient road and pilgrim route that runs from France to Rome, you will witness a range of mesmerising towns, from the hilltop town of Monteriggioni to two impressive UNESCO World Heritage sites.
From the breathtaking town of San Gimignano with its medieval towers to the magnificent Siena, a historical, artistic, cultural and gastronomic gem, you will experience it all.
Your adventure comes to an end with a halfday sightseeing tour of Siena, where you will visit medieval monuments filled with collections of Sienese art, the Piazza del Campo and Museo Civico, Siena’s most famous museum.
• Trek through the heart of picture perfect Tuscany across rolling hills, woodland and medieval villages, rich in culture and history
• Visit two UNESCO World Heritage sites
• Explore the famous city of Florence
• Experience the famous food and wine of the region
Day 1: Arrive Florence, Italy
Day 2: Florence – Lucca
Day 3: Lucca – San Miniato
Day 4: San Miniato – Gambassi Terme
Day 5: Gambassi Terme – San Gimignano
Day 6: San Gimignano – Colle Di Val D’elsa
Day 7: Colle Di Val D’elsa – Monteriggioni
Day 8: Monteriggioni – Siena
Day 9: Siena
Day 10: Siena – Florence
Please note: Itineraries are subject to change and should be used as a guide only.
• Adventure type: Trek
• Trip duration: 10 days
• Challenge duration: 5 days
• Challenge grade: 3/5 (moderate)
• Accommodation: Twin-share in 3 star hotels
[mgl_instagram_user username=”inspiredadventures” cols=”6″ number=”6″]