Register by 5 April and join the team for $1!
Join us on the Pink Ribbon Cycle Cambodia 2019 and help the nine women who are diagnosed with breast cancer everyday.
On this 9-day cycling adventure, you will fill your senses with the sights, sounds and smells of Southeast Asia.
Walk the tree-lined boulevards of Siem Reap and discover the magnificent Angkor Temple Complex, before cycling beyond the city limits into the unfolding countryside through rice paddies, sugar-palm plantations and small villages.
Swapping the countryside for Cambodia’s bustling capital, Phnom Penh, you will have free time to explore the contrasts of ancient and modern, and learn more about the confronting history of this beguiling country.
Not for the faint-hearted but certainly for the big-hearted, this is a truly once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Best of all, with every kilometre you cover you will be supporting BCFNZ’s vision of Zero Deaths from Breast Cancer. Together, we can achieve this vision.
In New Zealand, nine women every day are told they have breast cancer – and their lives are changed forever. By taking part in this inspiring adventure, you will be helping us continue our vital work, including:
• Educating New Zealanders on the signs and symptoms of breast cancer. We are committed to raising awareness and educating New Zealanders because we know that detecting breast cancer early is the key to saving lives.
• Supporting the nine women who are diagnosed with breast cancer every day. We want all New Zealanders to have the support they need during treatment and recovery because no one should be on this journey alone. We do this by providing counselling, rehabilitation programmes, an online support community and a breast nurse helpline.
• Improving access to treatment and lobbying for world class drugs and care in New Zealand.
• Funding research and clinical trials, which pushes for scientific breakthroughs in the treatment and management of breast cancer. Our vision of zero deaths from breast cancer will only be achieved through innovative research to fund better treatments. We fund excellent research at the best intuitions throughout New Zealand.
• $40 could fund a specialist breastcare nurse for 1 hour to support women affected by breast cancer
• $75 could fund 2 tumour samples from the tissue bank used for genetic testing
• $100 could fund a specialist breastcare nurse for 2.5 hours on the Pink Caravan
• $130 could help a woman rebuild her strength through two tailored individual physio session as part of her rehabilitation programme
• $650 could fund one magnetic tracer, a more efficient and radiation-free technique for checking if breast cancer has begun to spread beyond the breast.
We receive no government funding for our support work. Instead, we rely on the generosity of our community – people just like you – to help fund our vital services.
8 – 16 November 2019
9 Day Trip
6 Day Challenge
Twin-share in 3-star hotels and lodges
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Travel quote: $2,799
Fundraising Target: $3,500
Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
Questions? Give us a call on 09 280 3339.
Download info pack
Enter your details to receive the full itinerary and info pack with more about how the Pink Ribbon Cycle will fund vital research to better breast cancer treatments