Embark on an experience of a lifetime and trek the Great Wall of China. One of The Seven Wonders of the World, you’ll experience first-hand the grandeur of China’s ancient history. Best of all, with every step, you will be raising funds for KidsCan to help change the lives of New Zealand children.
Winding its way across the north of China, from the Yellow Sea to the Gobi Desert, the Great Wall of China is one of the world’s most impressive architectural accomplishments. As part of this challenge, you’ll travel through history to the very heart of China’s ancient culture.
Over five days, you will challenge yourself like never before as you trek on remote and unrestored paths, between mountains, through local villages and across rolling farmlands. With the support of our expert guides, you’ll explore the many facets of the Great Wall, deciphering the ancient stories and poems etched into its watchtowers, every brick seeming to tell a story of war and adventure.
Swapping the majesty of the Great Wall for the hustle and bustle of a great city, you’ll explore the contrasting personality of Beijing. Immerse yourself in the ancient history of the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven, and experience the poignancy of Tiananmen Square.
Best of all, with every step you take you will be raising vital funds for KidsCan to ensure disadvantaged New Zealand children attend school and reach their full potential.
By taking part in this incredible adventure, you will be raising vital funds to help KidsCan provide Kiwi kids in hardship with food, clothing and basic health items so that they can participate, learn and reach their full potential at school.
• $25 can help provide 1 pair of shoes and 2 pairs of socks to a child, keeping their feet protected, warm and dry, and enabling them to participate at school.
• $180 can help feed a child for a year at school, helping them to proactively participate in the classroom and learn.
• $910 can help provide a school with essential health items to prevent health issues and increase attendance. These items range from hand sanitisers, plasters and feminine hygiene products to head lice treatment and more.
• $2,500 can help provide 100 disadvantaged kids with footwear and socks.
• $5,000 can help take a school off our waiting list so that kids in hardship can access the support they need to learn and grow.
27 May – 4 June 2019
10 Day Trip
5 Day Challenge
Twin-share accommodation in 3 star hotels and guesthouses
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Travel quote: $3,150
Fundraising Target: $3,500
Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
Questions? Give us a call on 09 280 3339.
Download info pack
Enter your details to receive the full itinerary and info pack with more about how the Step Up For KidsCan trek will help change the lives of New Zealand children.
Questions? Give us a call on 09 280 3339